I still can’t believe this table is ours!!!! I’ve been dreaming of a table like this for years. I’ve been aching to style and host at a table like this for ages. It’s really here! It’s in my house!
It took a lot longer than we’d planned, Jeremy does have a full time job that isn’t building me stuff ;) The last couple weeks it was literally just sitting there waiting for us to decide on the finish. I can’t tell you how many stain samples we went through…. Literally I lost count. We finally decided, stained the bottom and hated it. For a week we had a total ‘stain identity crisis’. Then one day we decided we actually really liked it! We’re good with big decisions ;)
The stain is called Madrone, Elite Exterior Acrylic/Oil, Semi-solid, and we sealed it with a matte finish.
I realize it looks pretty awful with our floors, and it wasn’t made to sit next to the brick fireplace, but it’s ours! And it’ll be moving to a new home next year anyway.
If we wanted to redo it – which we don’t – but you know, there are two things we learned:
- We wouldn’t use pine again. Pine has a really busy grain that doesn’t accept stain as well as we would have liked.
- Jeremy says he wishes he’d used more clamps when assembling the top. It isn’t perfectly level, but it really doesn’t bother me. I was wanting something with a little character.
We’re still finishing up the chairs, just need to put the finishing touches on the new seat covers. But I really love them!
This isn’t meant to be a tutorial, just a source for inspiration, but if there is interest in more details please let me know and I’ll have Jeremy write up all the details to share :)
Thanks to so many of you for sharing in my excitement over this table! You guys are my people.